Blanc NU is a refreshing, bright white wine with enticing aromas of the outdoors on a Spring day. Fermented and aged in stainless steel tanks.
- Made from 100% Chardonnay grapes. Chardonnay is a French vinifera grape that originated in the Burgundy region of France. It is grown in many regions of the old world and new world.
- Our Chardonnay block for this wine is located in Lot 5 at Woodfield vineyards.
- This lot was selected to create a low alcohol sparkling wine base during our 2018 harvest. However, we fell in love with the fresh flavors of the wine and decided to bottle it as a new addition to our still wine inventory. It is harvested early (August 30th in 2018) and pressed into a juice.
- Once the juice is cold settled to remove any solids, it is fermented in stainless steel tanks (SS tanks) that are temperature controlled to 55 degrees. The early harvest maintains higher acidity in the juice and cold fermenting maintains delicate flavors and aromas in the wine.
- The wine stays in stainless steel tanks and is not aged in oak barrels like our White Bottle.
- Blanc NU pairs well with delicate fish dishes, oysters, green vegetables (asparagus, zucchini, fresh peas, artichokes), and dishes with tangy dairy ingredients.
- It should be served chilled to 55-60 degrees. It has about 11% alcohol.
- Blanc NU is a French name. Blanc means white and NU means bare, nude, unclothed, in the nude, unclad.
- Given that Chardonnay is often aged in oak barrels which impart flavors to a wine, this Chardonnay wine is aged in tank and is free of any flavors other than the grapes and the growing conditions of that year.
No-Bake Strawberry Nutella Cheesecakes
- 4-6 brownies brownie chunks or chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 12-18 strawberries halved (about 3 small ones per cup)
- Whipped Cream – use homemade with a teaspoon of vanilla and a pinch of Kosher salt.
- Divide the crumbs or brownie chunks between 4 to 6 individual cups.
- In a large bowl, with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth.
- Add vanilla and salt, mix to combine.
- In a medium bowl, with a hand mixer, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Using a spatula, fold the whipped cream into the Nutella mixture until combined.
- Pipe or spoon the filling on top of the bottom layer. Refrigerate for 1 hour before
- Before serving, add strawberries and whipped cream.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings, mini chocolate chips, or chocolate sauce.